Lytec MD, an electronic medical record (EMR) solution from McKesson Corporation is a proven tool for medical management in the modern health care environment. 2015 is an integral year for health care as the deadline for ICD-10 Compliance approaches, and medical practices will want to ensure that their electronic health record (EHR) system is effective and efficient. Lytec MD provides medical practices with a reliable combination of practice management and comprehensive health record features.
The deadline for ICD-10 Compliance (October 1, 2015) is approaching and medical practices should realize the long-term benefits of compliance. Systems that effectively comply with ICD-10’s standards avoid the pitfalls of non-compliance and enjoy long-term benefits, such as improvements in boosting PQRS reporting, disease management and research data.
The quality of a medical practice’s EMR matters, especially in light of the changing health care market. Lytec MD delivers the functionality that medical practices need to stay organized and realize the benefits of ICD-10 Compliance.
Lytec MD has a multitude of features that will enhance the medical management experience. Below, are some of the key features:
- All-New Automated Patient Intake features allow medical groups to save time on administration by having patients enter their own information and edit already-existing information in Lytec MD on iPad® and Android™ devices. The patient’s information will flow directly into Lytec MD for validation from the practice’s administration. By eliminating the need to copy information from intake forms to software, Lytec MD increases efficiency and availability of administration personnel for other tasks, alongside expediting the patient’s waiting time and allowing for more doctor-patient face time.
- Clinical features include a Bright Note Technology™ design that reduces manual entry, updating the entire chart from a single point of entry. Also, the provider can choose which documentation tools their practice would like to use, including templates, speech recognition, digital pen, dictation and Web-based patient data entry.
- Scheduling and Billing features include Lytec Mobile for iPhone® or iPad which allows mobile access of a provider’s schedule. The customizable grids of the schedule allow the provider to efficiently address different carrier filing requirements. Overall, these features help expedite the scheduling and execution of patient appointments.
- Integration features allow for streamlined data and export capability and integration with Microsoft Excel® as well as the ability to access updates online. A HL7 interface in Lytec MD’s system facilitates the exchange of health information, a management necessity as the deadline for ICD-10 Compliance approaches.
- Provider Dashboard and Reporting features generate searchable patient data to quickly produce meaningful clinical reporting. All critical information appears on the dashboard, alleviating disorganization and saving the practice’s valuable time. Lastly, reporting capabilities allow for the adoption of EHRs.
Coast Electronics Installs Lytec MD
With a new era of medical reporting arriving with ICD-10, medical practices should consider smart ways to access the benefits of new technology. Lytec MD can assist in reaching the goals of medical practices. Coast Electronics specializes in the installation, maintenance and support of this software.
For more information about Lytec MD or to schedule an installation, contact Coast Electronics today.